Our Commitment to Cleanliness and Safety
The Cavalier Resort is now open based on Governor Ralph Northam’s COVID-19 mandates. We have added a number of protocols to our already rigorous cleaning and disinfection protocols throughout our hotels. Our indoor dining spaces are available for 50% dining capacity with the exception of bar seating and congregating areas, and will follow 6-feet social distancing guidelines.
- Guest rooms will be fully cleaned and sanitized, including all touchpoints like hair dryers, light switches, desks, etc.
- In public spaces throughout the hotels, our staff will conduct scheduled cleanings throughout the day. We have increased the frequency of cleaning of all public space surfaces.
- We are adhering to all recommendations for social distancing and are placing signage throughout our hotels and restaurants with specific guidelines which will be rigorously enforced. We have either removed or rearranged furniture to allow for more social distancing. Guest capacity will be monitored in elevators.
- When checking in, digital key options are available for no-contact access.
- We have increased the frequency of air filter replacements in our heating, cooling and ventilation systems. Fresh air exchange will be maximized.
- Associates will be screened and will be wearing masks and gloves until further notice.
- Pools are open. We will be operating within the State guidance outlined in the Virginia Forward Recovery Plan.
Meetings And Business Guests
We have taken a number of extra steps to ensure the safety of our business, special events and meeting guests. We can now book your parties and events for 250 people or less!
- Placement of tables and seating have been rearranged to provide recommended social distancing.
- Pens and pads have been removed from meeting spaces unless otherwise requested.
- Hand sanitizers will be placed throughout all meeting spaces for use by attendees.
- Our catering team has created a number of non-contact food options including bento boxes, individually packaged food and snacks and create-your-own box lunch stations.
- Catered luncheons and dinners will be served by staff wearing masks and gloves.
The Cavalier Resort’s restaurants are now open based on Governor Ralph Northam’s Phase 3 notice. We are looking forward to renewing old acquaintances and meeting new friends. We are taking a number of steps to ensure the safety of our guests and our associates, our top priority.
- Outdoor dining is available weather-permitting, and indoor restaurant dining is now at full capacity with the exception of bar seating and congregation areas. Social distancing will be observed at all times and table-to-table visits will not be permitted.
- All restaurant associates will be checked daily for COVID-19 symptoms and temperature checked.
- We have a cleaning team dedicated to each restaurant who have undergone special training on the most stringent techniques and regulatory compliance.
- Hand sanitizers are available throughout the restaurants, the hotel and all restrooms.
- All food and beverage staff will be wearing personal protective equipment including gloves and masks.